Reo v7 Ultra-X Kite Only With Technical Bag
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Reo V7 Ultra X - The Sharpest Tool in the Box
For radical shredding in serious situations. Ultra-light, ultra-quick, ultra-responsive and ultra-reliable. Experience the closest to pure surfing freedom you could imagine while riding with a kite. We've taken things a step further and implemented different materials into the same V7 framework. All materials used in the Ultra-X have been chosen because they're stiffer and often stronger for the intended use. However, like a carbon fibre road bike, the Ultra-X just requires an appreciation for how to handle high performance gear.
High performance levels are borne from the fact that our designers capitalise on having 100% access to Ozone's own factory to try new ideas and then produce as many prototypes as it takes to make products feel just right.
Applying new but proven lightweight and stiff performance materials, tested across a three year period, has led to the next evolution in the Reo's stunning legacy.
- Next level wave riding specific design
- High performance, light weight materials for ultimate handling in surf
- Super fast and direct feedback, even at the edge of the window
- Mind blowing drift and slack line control
- Transverse sail shaping for tighter canopy and huge range
WHO IS IT FOR?
- This second model released alongside the Reo V7 is a razor sharp, laser focused wave kite designed for riders searching for ultimate performance.
- The Ultra-X model is designed around the same transversely shaped canopy and air frame skeleton as the Reo V7 but features a 20% lighter dacron and 17% lighter canopy material. This may be one of the lightest pure wave kites on the market, but it's not all about weight.
- As ever our primary focus was on aerodynamic performance and the Ultra-X is stiffer throughout, offering increased drift, reduced nose diving at the edge of the window in radical surf and lightning fast, super-crisp response.
- Drift performance and responsiveness at the edge of the window in slack line situations is perhaps the biggest appeal to those searching for true surf performance. While the Reo has always been a pure wave performance machine, all of these lightweight performance handling gains offer huge advantages for the freeride kitefoiler, too.
BUILDING FROM THE V7 BASE
- Broken down, the Ultra-X is built around the new V7 framework. There have been many subtle tweaks to stitching lines and panels applied to these designs since the V6 model, but the biggest improvement in canopy tautness has been achieved thanks to transverse sail shaping on the leading edge, improving your sense of sail control.
- Applying the experience of our paragliding design colleagues, the V7 framework features an extra seam in the sail running close to the leading edge, which allows for more true 3D shaping.
- Not only have we managed to add more profile curvature, we've also added more strength in the high lift zone thanks to that extra seam.
- In collaboration with colleagues in the dedicated prototyping department of Ozone's own factory, our design team embarked on an intense material development and testing programme spanning more than three years.The use of light weight performance materials has helped deliver improved drift, faster reactiveness / turning speed and more drive through the window. Despite being around 20% lighter than the V7, all materials used in the Reo Ultra-X are proven to deliver integral strength, too.
- LIGHTER WEIGHT PERFORMANCE DACRON - The leading edge and struts are not only 20% lighter than 160g standard dacron, but is also more rigid. Also used on our new Flux V1 wing, this new 125g performance dacron material guarantees a longer lasting shape but also allows for more responsive handling and a tighter canopy for more aerodynamic performance gains.
- LIGHTER WEIGHT CANOPY - Utilising the weight saving properties of the latest 46g double ripstop Teijin cloth (17% lighter than a 55g standard triple ripstop) further contributes to the increased drift performance in particular. The performance coating ensures high levels of strength and durability at a reduced weight.
- BRIDLES - COMPLETING THE FULL EXTENT OF THE MISSION - As we continue to discover ever increasing aerodynamic performance, further gains are achieved through the use of a Technora line material for the bridle lines that's 25% lighter and 25-35% thinner to further reduce drag throughout all areas of performance.
WHAT YOU FEEL:
- Incredible pure wave performance handling
- Sensational drift
- Ultra-quick steering response and drive through the window
- Reduced tendency to nose dive at the edge of the window when lines slacken
- Later luffing means better feedback and handling across a greater wind range
- Excellent stability wherever the kite is in the wind window
- More feeling, more feedback, more control
- Lighter weight kites feel lighter and more responsive on the bar
- More performance and stability especially in light winds
- Packing volume is decreased
- Factory Ownership Advantage - Ozone uniquely owns its own factory where all kites, wings, boards, hydrofoils, paragliders, speed wings and accessories are made. Guaranteeing hand checked quality control and the finest materials at every step, there are also excellent working conditions for all 1000 employees.
- Designed with OZ-CAD - The future is now. All Ozone kite and wings are designed with our own highly advanced custom built CAD software that we control and modify with each new product design. Allowing for specifically tailored technical developments, our designers can maximise performance while also minimising waste.
- Teijin TechnoForce Double Ripstop Lightweight canopy - Teijin is the world's leading supplier of technical performance materials for marine sports, setting the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in dynamic strength and durability.
- Performance Dacron - Lighter and Stiffer - The leading edge and struts are made from a 125g performance Dacron that's 20% lighter than conventional Dacron. The reduction in weight translates to true performance advantages. The dacron is also stiffer to provide a more crisp, instant response and feeling from the kite.
- Transverse Sail Shaping - The Leading Edge features Transverse Sail Shaping creating a cleaner surface on the most important area of the aerofoil. The result is less turbulent airflow and longer skin adhesion, which positively effects the lift to drag ratio increasing overall performance.
- Overlap Flat Seams - Overlap flat seam construction improves sail control resulting in an overall cleaner canopy.
- 4-line Pulley-less System - NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- Internal reinforcements - What's on the inside counts too internal reinforcements for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Load Distribution Panels - Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Direct Connect Struts - Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal and external reinforcements. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts - The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge - Double layer Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low Profile Aerodynamic Scuff Pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Anti-Snag line deflectors - The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Tunned bridle geometry - We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
- Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System - The Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high air flow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted air flow in case of damage.
- Anti-Flap Soft Battens - Soft Battens strategically positioned along the Trailing Edge provide canopy support and reduce flutter, enhancing kite feedback to the rider and also reducing canopy material wear.
- Back-line trimming options - Customise your handling and bar pressure with the back line bridle attachments. Closer to the Leading Edge for slower turn speed and more bar pressure, or closer to the Trailing Edge for faster turn speed and less bar pressure.
- Fool proof line connectors - Fool proof line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
Water Kite Technical Bag
- Technical Bag with loads of space
- Internal stash pocket
- External control system pocket
- Board straps
- Pump holder
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Back panel foam padding provides extra comfort